Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Challenge #196 - Reflection

Poobah Rosemary here and for this fortnight's challenge I want you to consider:

REFLECTION

It's nearly the end of the calendar year and that brings a slew of festive holidays -  in the United States we are almost at Thanksgiving, a time of reflection on the blessings in our lives, other countries have their Thanksgiving holidays earlier in autumn, and then there is Christmas and New Years and we find our thoughts considering what we've done, where we're going, etc.  So, you can look at the challenge that way and perhaps you've learned a new craft, tried a new technique, or have changed a habit, whatever.  Or you might look at the term REFLECTION literally and share with us a craft or art piece that has a reflective quality.

That's the beauty of our challenges, you aren't constricted by us, only your imagination.

Deena here:  this card is my idea of a reflective card...shiny and bright with lots of 3-d layers....plus the girl is reflecting on something dreamy in the image itself...so I think I may have hit both aspects of the challenge :)




Electra  here;  I love reflections.  And I love making digital art.
So I made this...



Rosemary here again and I'm sharing an art journal page of recent reflections and all the different stamps of faces just lent themselves to the process.




So, put on that thinking cap and create art!  We would love to see where your muse takes you on this challenge.

Share a link in the comments to your blog post.


4 comments:

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

No entry from me just yet (I'll be back with a creation after I've reflected on the theme a little :P) but I just wanted to comment on the team's creations for this one - they're all so different and I love each of them for entirely different reasons. Deena's card is so striking with the black and silver theme, Electra's piece makes me want to sink into the image and think about my life, and Rosemary's art journal page is just glorious, with so many different elements for the eye to linger on and think about. Well done to all of you!

Cindy Groh said...

Here is my entry Cre8iveCindy

Hazel said...

My card is here x

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

It took me a while, but here's my Reflection piece. :)
http://susansaysstupidstuff.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/reflection-with-opus-gluei.html